Clicking a picture will bring up all the posts pictures in a slideshow. To view an individual picture in full screen, right click and select 'Open link in new tab'

Thursday 11 September 2008

Breezy Burrowhead

This post is for a dear friend who's having a rough time of it at the moment.

I felt the need for some sea air today,so i took myself down to Burrowhead.The Wickerman stumps are still there.

The tide was on the turn,the wind was strong and the waves were crashing onto the rocks.

I walked a fair way on the clifftop path towards the Isle of Whithorn.

I wonder if this cave holds any secrets?

I've said it before,but this really is a rugged coastline.

This pillbox looks as though it was built to last.It would certainly give a person shelter in a storm.

This is the view the sentry had.

It may be September,but the wild vegetation is still colourful.

Heading back i get to the Isle of Whithorn during a shower.Lots of swans and seagulls though.


I'm going home via Kirkcowan.This is the normally quietly flowing Tarf Water.



Now,I wonder if this heron knows something? Can it really catch something in a flooded field.

It's raining persistently when i get home.Nothing new there then.No matter the weather Mother Nature's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your comments. I may not get to reply to them all, but you may be sure they'll be appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Photographs

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.

Morning deer

Morning deer
is someone watching me