Clicking a picture will bring up all the posts pictures in a slideshow. To view an individual picture in full screen, right click and select 'Open link in new tab'

Friday 26 June 2009

Island Hopping with the Glebe-Day 4 early

This will be quite a concise blog.I've only a short time to do it before i get my car clamped.
I'm in Oban Backpackers here on day 5 since there was no room at Syha Oban.


A cloudy morning as i awoke on Islay.I'm up early enough to get my porridge and fruit before leaving Port Charlotte and heading for the ferry at Port Ellen.
The road is quiet as i head for the 9.30 sailing.There's a little bit of life in Bowmore as i pass through.
From Bowmore,i think it's thirteen miles to Port Ellen,much of it on one long straight road.

It's a bit busier at Port Ellen,the boat eventually comes in,and they manage to squeeze some of the extra traffic onto the boat.It seemed to me there was still a lot left waiting on the quay.
The crossing goes ok,once back on the Mull of Kintyre the sun comes out again.Here's a different view of the Paps of Jura.
Off the boat and heading up the Mull of Kintyre,i'm on my way to Oban.
I stop here at the lock gates on the Crinan Canal.
The rest of the run to Oban was very scenic but quiet enough.
Day 4 will continue in the next blog.I've got to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your comments. I may not get to reply to them all, but you may be sure they'll be appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Photographs

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.

Morning deer

Morning deer
is someone watching me