Clicking a picture will bring up all the posts pictures in a slideshow. To view an individual picture in full screen, right click and select 'Open link in new tab'

Tuesday 10 November 2009

A frosty morning

Monday 9th of November 2009 began with a heavy frost around Newton Stewart.I decided on an early morning walk. Even before sun up it was nice and bright over the Cree valley. I thought i'd try and film the sunrise again,but the resulting video turned out very boring. I did notice though,that as i speeded the 45 minute footage up,the sounds of the occasional traffic became more interesting.

Compressing the clip to just under 3 minutes,the noises now take on more of an animal and bird life quality.The only exciting visual section of the clip is the last few seconds as the sun rises Once the sun's risen it's an enjoyable descent via the fields round Barrhill Farm.I must remember to save my apple cores when walking.This little pony kept nudging my pocket as i stroked him. There's little pockets of mist visibly rising as the morning sun gains height. Now over Barbuchany,i take some panoramas.


Panorama of Newton Stewart and the Galloway Hills on CleVR.com


From a hill above Barbuchany Newton Stewart on the first heavy frost of the season,the picture shows Cairnsmore of Fleet and the Minnigaff hills to the left panning through to the rolling meadows at Barbuchany.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dad, The sunrise was spectacular. Jack liked the car noises but he thought the trees were going to blow up. I told him it wasnt an action adventure movie.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it Lynn.I'll have to try and film some exploding trees for Jack.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments. I may not get to reply to them all, but you may be sure they'll be appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Photographs

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.

Morning deer

Morning deer
is someone watching me