Clicking a picture will bring up all the posts pictures in a slideshow. To view an individual picture in full screen, right click and select 'Open link in new tab'

Tuesday 15 December 2009

Cairnsmore Viaduct and View

Tuesday the 15th of December,and it looks like i'm on the mend.

I took myself over to the Cairnsmore estate,and first had a wander round the old railway viaduct.The owners of the bottom house have certainly made use of the isolated middle section.

Panorama of Cairnsmore of Fleet from Palnure on CleVR.com


Walking along the disused line back towards Palnure,i took this panorama.(I might try and incorporate it into a future ramblers walk).

I then headed up the side of Wicklow wood looking for a recorded mineshaft,stopping to talk to a drystone waller.He's retired,but still keeps doing a bit.
I didn't find the mineshaft.
Heading through Wicklow woods,i joined the picturesque Graddoch burn for a while.Heading over a field i stopped and talked to a local farmer who told me where a shaft was located.I'll look for it the next time,i've a feeling my map reading might have been off a little today.

2 comments:

  1. Is Scotland a land of fairytales?

    What a beautiful places these are!

    And thanks for your concern. I am feeling better.

    Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have an abundance of Fairy Stories.
    Have a look at
    http://www.electricscotland.com/kids/stories/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments. I may not get to reply to them all, but you may be sure they'll be appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Photographs

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.

Morning deer

Morning deer
is someone watching me