Clicking a picture will bring up all the posts pictures in a slideshow. To view an individual picture in full screen, right click and select 'Open link in new tab'

Tuesday 16 March 2010

Knocktim and Blairs Hill

Monday the 15th of March 2010.
Took myself over to Palnure and Cuil to recce future routes for the ramblers.
I parked at the Cairnsmore Hill climb car park,and made my way up through the estate.
The snowdrops are having a great season.
I wonder how old this beech was ? For perspective,I should have set up my ten second timer,and got myself next to it.It had a diameter of at least four feet.
After following a path through the estate,I joined the track leading up to Knocktim.The Graddoch Burn's cut a deep furrow on it's descent from Cairnsmore.The hump on the right is the 'Door of Cairnsmore'.

Reaching Knocktim,the weather began to change and i made the decision to head back.Following a long drystane dyke over Clanery Hill,I reached Blairs Hill,with views over the Cree valley...

Panorama of Cree Valley from Cuil on CleVR.com

...from where I took this panorama.
A zoom in to try and capture Newton Stewart.Palnure in the foreground.(I think I'll have to save up for a zoom lens)
Back to Cuil to finish a pleasant walk.
There's a way back from Creetown behind Blairs Hill.I'll bear it in mind for the autumn and winter programme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your comments. I may not get to reply to them all, but you may be sure they'll be appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Photographs

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.

Morning deer

Morning deer
is someone watching me