Clicking a picture will bring up all the posts pictures in a slideshow. To view an individual picture in full screen, right click and select 'Open link in new tab'

Wednesday 28 July 2010

Stranraer Show Pictures 2010

Wednesday the 28th of July 2010

I'd never been to the Stranraer Show,so I thought I'd take a look today.
The weather forecast wasn't very promising,but it stayed fair for the morning.

There was to be plenty of activity in the afternoon,but the showers began around noon,and by then myself and my fellow rambler Station Master had seen enough and left soon afterwards.

Here's some of the pictures I took.



The goats kept escaping.



Best outfit winner 2010





Lots of Young Farmers about.


Once upon a time there was a little white bull.

'Bless them all-The long and the short and the tall.'





This was the 5th try to get this picture.This camera shy horse looked away when he saw the camera.





Raymond Blanc ?



These are the Blue Bombshell Cheerleaders.

I'd have stayed longer if it hadn't been for the weather.
Interesting though.

3 comments:

  1. Since we have very few sheep in the South, I've never seen sheep with the various color wool. Is that natural color?
    Love Stranraer! Hopefully I'll be back to my usual computer sessions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pleased to see that the only horse and rider photo you had on your visit was our wee Harry (Camera Shy).

    That was his first show at the age of 17 and he kept looking away over to his owner who was standing at the rails.

    Perfect photo though after 5 attempts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy,good to hear from you.The color comes in the breeding.I still know little about sheep,but I'm learning that around these hills there are dozens of different breeds.
    Galloway has a lot of speciality sheep.

    To Anonymous, I'm sorry I meant the Shire above the comment was the camera shy one.

    Glad I got a good picture of wee Harry though(he does look alert),I hope you've downloaded yourself a copy.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments. I may not get to reply to them all, but you may be sure they'll be appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Photographs

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.

Morning deer

Morning deer
is someone watching me