Clicking a picture will bring up all the posts pictures in a slideshow. To view an individual picture in full screen, right click and select 'Open link in new tab'

Wednesday 10 November 2010

Creetowns Larg Hill October 2010

N.B
Regular readers will recognise the name Slewtrain or Slew as I commonly call him.
Well, Gordon (His real name) has become a blogger.He's new to the game so bear with him.Here's a link to his blog.

Gordon and Anne


It's Wednesday the 10th of November and the forecast is for today to be the only good day this week.
A small hill and good views will suffice,so I'm off to Creetown.
I've parked up at Kirkmabreck church behind a vehicle I recognise.They're recceing Saturdays walk.

There was a fair old frost last night.

I'm soon alongside Castle Cary woods and level with Larg farm (Above picture to the right)

Gaining a bit more height I can zoom in to get a picture of Wigtown.
Creetown is also known as Ferrytown.Less than five miles by boat,but thirteen miles by road.There's no ferry these days.

Another zoom up the estuary sees Newton Stewart.

A bit more height and I'm looking at the traffic along the A75.

Same view from a little higher.

And now it's opened up a little more.The top of Ailsa Craig can just be seen.

Larg Hill's only 276 Metres or 905 feet,but it's great on a sunny day for views.In the above picture with the lowlands of the Machars in the foreground,stands the Isle of Man.

To the north I can see Cairnsmore and the Minigaff Hills.
From the left I can see the two peaks of the bigger Larg Hill,then Lamachan,then a little peek at the snow covered Merrick.Next comes Curleywee and then Millfore,Red Gairy and Drigmorn.

To the south is Cambrett and Cairnharrow.

A zoom shows the snow on the Merrick beyond Curleywee and Lamachan.

I'm on the top and it's time for a cup o' tea while i look at the markings on the stones.
97's obviously recent,but I believe some of the others are fairly old.

I try out my ten second delay...there's no one else up here today.


I get a 180 degree panorama from the Clints of Dromore round to the Mull of Galloway.


Another zoom to Solway Structural.Apparently they use a lot of Scunthorpe steel.

Here's a similar panorama to one earlier,but i'm a peak to the west with this one.

It's time to descend.
A rabbit,a small bird (My twitcher pal Slew tells me it's a Great Tit) and a crow with a broken wing complete my pictures of the day.
Very enjoyable !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your comments. I may not get to reply to them all, but you may be sure they'll be appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Photographs

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.

Morning deer

Morning deer
is someone watching me