Clicking a picture will bring up all the posts pictures in a slideshow. To view an individual picture in full screen, right click and select 'Open link in new tab'

Monday 17 January 2011

Wigtown Bay from Kirkmabreck Quarry Quay

Monday the 17th of January
While over at Creetown today I took a walk along the disused jetty and quay below Kirkmabreck quarry.
Here's a few of the pictures I took.

Is this a long billed curlew ?



It looks like I didn't quite get my panorama to join up.
It's also full screen on Panogio here. Wigtown Bay

Wigtown looks a stone's throw away.It's 13 miles by road from here.

Here's some teasel.

Nearly the same view without the teasel.There's talk of re-opening this jetty.It'll need a lot of repair first.


This is one beautiful optical illusion from the ground,not so much from the photo.
The burn flowing through the muddy channels appears to be flowing to a point under the river.If that's the case the river must also be going down the same hole.I can see when I zoom in now that I'm looking at another mud bank.

Still it's weird looking.

Here's a different view of  Kirkmabreck Quarry.....

It's from this next picture which I cropped and rotated.
It was a good light for pictures today,and an enjoyable little walk.

2 comments:

  1. Cant beat a good reflection shot.
    It looks a nice area and one I,ve not been to yet.bob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim, I enjoyed your walk through the Wigtown Bay! Great pictures.
    Pretty neat stuff with your panoramic views, your ahead of me in technology! Oh, I don't have any pictures of Swan hills or Fort
    Assiniboine, You might want to try a Flickr group maybe...
    Michael

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments. I may not get to reply to them all, but you may be sure they'll be appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Photographs

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.

Morning deer

Morning deer
is someone watching me