Clicking a picture will bring up all the posts pictures in a slideshow. To view an individual picture in full screen, right click and select 'Open link in new tab'

Tuesday 22 July 2014

The Black Burn, Carsbuie

Last week I shared these pictures with my family and friends on Facebook.
This week I thought I should share them with my blogging friends.
Last Friday late afternoon I took a run up to Blairbuie north of Shennanton.
I first looked around here in 2009.
Here's that post Ring of Barfad.
This is the Black Burn before it runs into the Bladnoch River. 
Just after taking this picture I heard a flapping sound.


I just managed to zoom in on this fella before he/she flew out of sight.


There's a point where the burn runs slow and deep. I sat and watched as the dragonflies flew by.
There were dolphins and gators in the burn (unless you see something else)


My Facebook friends saw a frog, a demon and a petrified heron here.
 I saw a girl in a wheelchair race.


Though I sat for a while, the otters never showed. 
We pass by here on one or two of Shorty's walks and it's quite a magical place.
I'll be back

4 comments:

  1. Too bad the otters were a no show. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Jim, one's imagination could run riot here in this magical place. What a marvellous spot for photos, observing and contemplation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to find a magical spot like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments good people, they are appreciated. I did spot an otter on the River Bladnoch yesterday, but as usual no photograph.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments. I may not get to reply to them all, but you may be sure they'll be appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Photographs

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.

Morning deer

Morning deer
is someone watching me