Clicking a picture will bring up all the posts pictures in a slideshow. To view an individual picture in full screen, right click and select 'Open link in new tab'

Monday 8 February 2016

The Glebe in the Antipodes - Western Australia

Blog readers please note.
Before I begin this narrative. I have to make a point about how much time has past since I was in WA.
It is now February 2016 and it was July 2015 when I was last in Western Australia.
This post therefore refers to that period and not to any recent trip.
I hope this clears up any confusion about the time and dates of my travel.

Now continuing on from my visit to Tasmania. 
A plane change at Melbourne (much less of an ordeal this time) saw me at Perth airport being picked up by my cousin Jean and her husband Bob.
Rose and I had already been their guests back in early June for a few days.

I won't go into great details about the last six days of my time in the Antipodes, just enjoy the pictures.
Days out included trips to the fair city of Perth, Freemantle, Rockingham and Mandurah.
A 'Three Islands' boat trip, a visit to Peel Zoo, Macadamia Nuts and watching Wake Boarding at Baldivis were also highlights of my time.
I also had the pleasure of catching up with the extended family and the endearing newest members.

Culinary delights and refreshments were enjoyed in a number of establishments as well as Jean's excellent home cooking.
A very enjoyable experience I will mention is dining at the Pink Duck in Rockingham. It's almost a 'Cook Your Own' experience but so beautifully mouth watering.

Enough talk, I hope readers will enjoy the photographs.
























































































4 comments:

  1. Great set of photos Jim. I remember coming back from my trip to Australia I had a real sense of deflation for some reason and was also daunted by the sheer amount of photos I had to sort out. It took me ages as well. When my mum went over years ago to visit it took her ages to settle when she came back as I think she wished she'd just stayed there in the sunshine in permanent vacation mode:o) Hope all is well with you.
    Best wishes.... Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos, Jim! I went through a severe depression in the month of February and had stopped blogging for a while but thankfully I got through it and am back again. I am thinking of you and hoping you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jim, I miss seeing you around. Your photos and posts are always gorgeous and fascinating. Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and that I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been in deep freeze for a couple of years Linda.
    I might resurrect the blog soon.
    Hope you are still doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments. I may not get to reply to them all, but you may be sure they'll be appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Photographs

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.

Morning deer

Morning deer
is someone watching me