Clicking a picture will bring up all the posts pictures in a slideshow. To view an individual picture in full screen, right click and select 'Open link in new tab'

Sunday 30 March 2008

Wigtownshire Ramblers-Crocked-Shalloch

Todays title should have read Wigtownshire Ramblers-Shalloch on Minnoch.
But all will unfold shortly.
Saturday 29th March and there are 13 walkers for the climb up to Shalloch on Minnoch.

Rain is forecast and already it looks threatening.
The first obstacle is reached.This goes by the wonderful name of 'The Splinty Burn'




Stepping stones jumping and wading were methods used to cross,and soon everyone is safely over.


Now as we start rising along the slopes of Cairndalloch it starts raining,sleeting and hailstoning.Views of Loch Riecawr and Cornish Loch are seen.These would be spectacular on a sunny day.


We are going at a good pace,but taking plenty of mini-breaks as we climb.At this moment i feel ok,just getting on with it,and taking pictures.

Our target is just over there somewhere.

Suddenly someones kicked me with a steel toecapped boot on my calf on my left leg.At least thats what it felt like.
We stop for a moment to see if i'm ok.
I'll give it another try.
It's no good i'm well and truly crocked,and it's painful.
A senior walk member joins me on my hobble back to the cars.

This is my view for the next couple of hours as we wait for the walk to be completed.
My flask of coffee,my sandwiches and conversing with my fellow returnee helped the time to go quickly.
The walkers were back in record time.Apparently the wind and snow at the summit was so bad that they gave up the idea of lunch and hotfooted it back.
The walk leader sent me the following pics showing me what i'd missed.



Now one day later writing this blog,my leg is wrapped in a crepe bandage.I think it's a pulled muscle.I dont think there's any ligament or achilles tendon damage.
I'm still having to hobble about when walking,but the pain has subsided.
Hopefully i'll be fully recovered for next weeks walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your comments. I may not get to reply to them all, but you may be sure they'll be appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Photographs

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.

Morning deer

Morning deer
is someone watching me