Clicking a picture will bring up all the posts pictures in a slideshow. To view an individual picture in full screen, right click and select 'Open link in new tab'

Wednesday 3 March 2010

The Minnigaff Hills-Part 2

It's Tuesday the 2nd of March 2010,and after yesterdays Minnigaff Hills blog,I decided I needed a closer look.

I parked up at Auchinleck,and headed north on the forest road which eventually runs alongside the Penkiln Burn up into the hills.

As I head through the Lamachan Forest,I spot a couple of deer on the move.Since i failed to get a picture,i decide i needed something.This odd looking stump became the alternative.

A couple of miles in the views open up.

The Penkiln burn has no two views the same.

About three miles in now,and i get this picture of Bennanbrack and Curleywee.

About three and a half miles in the road finishes.I started late today,so i'm not going much further.What looks like a path veers off towards Lamachan.I head on straight up for a few hundred yards,but after finishing up in the middle of a bog,I'll call it a day.
I could have sworn there were people walking up Curleywee,but after zooming in on this picture I'm having second thoughts.
After a short descent I take another Panorama.


This one starts at Cordorcan Craigs under Larg Hill,on past Lamachan Scar,Ellergower,Cooper Scar and Scars of Lamachan (Not to be confused with Lamachan Scar).Then over to Bennanbrack,Scars of Milldown and Curleywee.
I'll make an early start when I decide to do it.
I should have the company of a fellow rambler,which makes sense.
Looking forward to it.

2 comments:

  1. I like your panoramic moving photograph Jim.Thats very nifty stuff for a technophobe like me.bob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bob,there's a programme on the net called Autostitch.

    The demo version is fully functional with Jpegs.There's a fair amount of technical stuff on the options page,but i usually just go for 50% of the original size.Once I've created the Panorama,I upload it to CLeVR.

    CLeVR were only one of a few sites where you could upload panoramas when i started,but now there are dozens.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments. I may not get to reply to them all, but you may be sure they'll be appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Photographs

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.

Morning deer

Morning deer
is someone watching me