Clicking a picture will bring up all the posts pictures in a slideshow. To view an individual picture in full screen, right click and select 'Open link in new tab'

Saturday 8 May 2010

Walkfest-Newton Stewart Walk

It's Friday the 7th of May 2010.
The Newton Stewart Walking Festival begins today.
It's my first involvement with the festival.
They asked me along to highlight the historical and geographical features of the walk,and because it's a walk of mine.
We've walked it three times with the ramblers, links here:-
February 10
August 09
April 09
The walk was almost fully booked.Walkers from Newcastle,Northern Ireland,Yorkshire and Dumfries were among those I spoke to.
I won't add a description of the walk, since I'd just be repeating myself.
A cool breezy day made for a good walk.
Newton Stewart Golf Course
Queen Mary's Bridge
The Cree by the King George V Suspension Bridge
Old Hall Farm
Blairmount Pond
View from Barrhill Woods Telephone Mast
Descent from Barrhill Woods
The Cree Estuary
New life on the River Cree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your comments. I may not get to reply to them all, but you may be sure they'll be appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Photographs

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.

Morning deer

Morning deer
is someone watching me